Tourist Short Stay

General Visitor Visas
You can apply for a General Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for leisure, eg as a tourist on holiday ,you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland & you’re visiting friends or family who aren’t permanent residents in the UK.
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK and you should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months with a General Visitor visa. You can also apply for a long-term visit visa if you can prove you need to make repeat visits over a longer period. You can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit and your visa can last for 1, 2, 5 or 10 years. It costs £83 to apply. Long-term visit visa fees are 1 year - £300, 2 years - £300, 5 years - £544, 10 years - £737.

You can apply for a General Visitor visa if you’re 18 or over, travelling to the UK for leisure (not work or study), able to support yourself for the duration of your trip, not in transit to another country, except for Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands & able to pay for your return or onward journey.

If you’re applying for a long-term visit visa you must also prove that you have a frequent and ongoing need to come to the UK, the reason for your need to come to the UK is unlikely to change significantly while the visa is valid & you plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit.

You can study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit. You can’t take paid or unpaid work, live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits, marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership, get private medical treatment or get public funds.

There is various other types of UK Visit Visas namely Business Visitor visa ,Child Visitor visa, Entertainer Visitor visa , Family Visitor visa , Marriage Visitor visa, Parent of a Child at School visa, Permitted Paid Engagement visa, Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa, Prospective Entrepreneur visa, Sports Visitor visa, Student Visitor visa, Visit the UK in a Chinese tour group etc. Please call our office to discuss your exact needs and we will be happy to help you further.