Bulgaria Permanent Residency & Citizenship
Bulgaria is a member of the European Union, NATO and WTO. The Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship in Bulgaria helps get you there faster with the following benefits:
- Bulgaria has the most favourable tax regime in Europe. Corporate income tax rate is 10%, the lowest in the EU. Personal income tax is 10 %, flat rate. Industries in high-unemployment areas are granted 0% tax rate
- Residency within six to nine months.
- Fast-track option for citizenship within two years.
- Special exemption from physical residence enforced with legislation.
- Government-approved investments and available financing options from banks.
- No language requirements.
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- Lowest tax rates and free-trade environment within the EU.
Benefits for Permanent Residents
- Free movement within the Schengen zone after Bulgaria becomes a member state.
- Access to high-quality health care in Bulgaria and the EU.
- Conditional tax exemption on world income.
Benefits for Citizens
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe.
- Right to own land in any EU country.
- Investment Options
Applicants choosing this option must deposit BGN 1 million (€511,292) in a Governmental Bond Portfolio for an investment period of five years with no further payment required. At the end of the five-year period, the full amount will be returned to the investor without any accrued interest. The investment is fully guaranteed by the government bonds.
Fast-track to citizenship
The fast-track option allows investors to apply for citizenship faster by doubling their investment. The requirements for this option are as follows:
- Have at least one year of permanent residency status.
- Double the investment by purchasing €1,022,584 in government bonds or in the capital of a Bulgarian company that is carrying out a Priority Investment Project (as defined in the Investment Promotion Act).
- Hold a second additional investment for a period of two years.
- Financing options are available to qualified applicants. Applications for the fast-track program are examined under the express procedure.
Call our business immigration lawyers on 0330 058 3929 or contact us online to discuss citizenship by investment opportunities in Bulgaria.