Can my family join me on a UK family visa?

To be able to join your family member in the United Kingdom, he or she has to be:

  • EEA/Swiss national;
  • British citizen or present and settled migrant; or
  • PBS migrant.

You can also be eligible to come to the UK for a shorter stay if you are planning to come and visit your child that is currently studying in the UK or to marry and then leave the country. You have to apply for a visa in the correct category, regardless of where you come from. Special rules apply if you are joining an EEA/Swiss or British national.

Before applying for a visa you should always check that you:

  • Meet the requirements of your immigration category; and
  • You do not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.

When applying for a visa you have to:

  • Complete the correct application form;
  • Submit the correct fee;
  • Submit the required supporting documents; and
  • Provide your biometric information (unless exempt).

If the Entry Clearance Officer cannot make an immediate decision on your application, he/she might ask you to attend an interview.The application form is for your own visa and you must apply for it yourself. If you need help completing the application you can ask someone to help you but you must apply yourself. Do not forget to sign the application form to declare that the information you have provided is true and accurate.

If you need assistance while going through this process do not hesitate to contact us.

Share this:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *