About Us
Firm History & Expertise
City Legal is a multi award winning law firm specialising in UK Immigration Law, Wills & Estate Planning, Global Citizenship as well as providing Business, Education and HR Consultancy to both individual and corporate clients around the world.
Our Team
Meet the experts behind our success.
Accreditations & Awards
Check our credibility and reliability.
Reviews & Testimonials
View our client feedback from all sources.
Join our multi award-winning team.
Knowledge Hub
Quick and Easy access for relevant sources.
See informative videos on legal areas we cover.
See visual presentation of key information.
Digital information on different practice areas.
View engaging online events & presentations.
Get more Insights on our firm and services.
Learn more on recent events and latest updates.
Listen to our audio version of blog anywhere.
Success Stories
Get a more understanding of our past experience.
View All
Contact Us
Call Us
Speak with our award-winning team on 0330 058 3929 to learn more. Available Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Request a Call Back
Choose a convenient time and we will get in touch to discuss your enquiry. Available Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Chat with Us
Our expert legal team is available to answer your questions. Available Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Email Us
Please send us an email to enquiries@citylegalservices.co.uk and we will be in touch to discuss your legal matter.
22 Peterborough Road, Harrow, London, HA1 2BQ
Client Area
Client Portal
City Legal offer clients a dedicated portal to view and manage their transactions, accept estimates, pay invoices and get client account statements.
Manage Appointments
Already booked a Consultation? Log-in to your Appointment Dashboard and change or manage your bookings to suit your availability.
Document Management
Our clients can securely view, share and comment on documents online at any time via our dedicated document management portal linked to your matter.
Pay Legal Fees
We offer an online payment facility to our clients for the payment of Legal Fees or Client Invoices online by credit or debit card at no additional cost.
Book an Appointment

EU Settlement Scheme Deadline Fast Approaching.

The EU Settlement Scheme deadline of 30 June 2021 is fast approaching and all eligible EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens and their family members who were resident in the UK by 31 December 2020, should apply without delay so that they can continue to work, study, and access free healthcare and benefits in the UK after 30 June 2021.

    If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and your family members have lived in the UK for many years or have a permanent residence document or EEA Biometric Residence Card (BRC), you still need to apply to the EUSS (or apply for British Citizenship) by 30 June 2021 to continue to live and work in the UK.

    An application must be made for every eligible child within a family. Parents must apply on behalf of their children, even if they have already applied and been granted a status for themselves.

    What is EU settlement Scheme?

    The United Kingdom left the European Union on 31 January 2020 at 11 PM and entered a transition period, due to end on 31 December 2020. During this transition period, EU nationals can continue to enjoy their freedom of movement rights in the UK as they did before Brexit. The rights and status of EU, EEA and Swiss citizens living in the UK will remain the same until 30 June 2021. EU citizens and their family members who wish to remain in the UK after 30 June 2021 will need to apply for an immigration status to remain lawfully in the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).

    What is EUSS Family Permit?

    The EUSS family permit facilitates entry into the UK of an eligible non-EEA citizen family member to join an EEA or Swiss national who is residing in the UK who has been granted Pre-settled or Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

    Application Details and Costs

    There are no application fees to apply to the  EU Settlement scheme. If you paid a fee when you applied to the EU Settlement Scheme, you’ll get a refund.

    Eligibility requirements

    Except in a few cases, you can apply if:

    • You are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
    • You are not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but your family member is (or is an eligible person of Northern Ireland)

    You should apply even if:

    • You were born in the UK but are not a British citizen
    • You have a UK ‘permanent residence document’
    • You are a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who does not need to apply - including if they’re from Ireland
    • You are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen with a British citizen family member

    If you have children, you must apply for them separately.

    If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you have a family member who is an eligible person of Northern Ireland, you may be able to choose which way you apply for the scheme. You can apply to join your EU, EEA or Swiss family member if they started living in the UK on or before 31 December 2020.

    You cannot apply to the EU settlement scheme from inside the UK if you arrived after 31 December 2020 and you are here:

    • on a Standard Visitor visa, Permitted Paid Engagement visa, Parent of a Child Student visa or Transit visa
    • without a visa
    • You also cannot apply if you’re here on a Marriage Visitor visa, unless you’re applying after you have married or entered into a civil partnership with the EU, EEA or Swiss person you’re joining.

    Irish citizens do not need to apply to the settlement scheme. If they choose to, they can apply from within the UK regardless of how they entered.

    If you are not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen you also be eligible to apply if:

    • you used to have an EU, EEA or Swiss family member living in the UK (but you have separated, they have died or the family relationship has broken down)
    • you are the family member of a British citizen and you lived outside the UK in an EEA country together
    • you are the family member of a British citizen who also has EU, EEA or Swiss citizenship and who lived in the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen before getting British citizenship
    • you have a family member who is an eligible person of Northern Ireland
    • you are the primary carer of a British, EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
    • you are the child of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who used to live and work in the UK, or the child’s primary carer
    • you are the family member of a ‘frontier worker’

    There may be other eligibility requirements not mentioned above, if you are not sure if you qualify our immigration lawyers can help you.

    What options do we have if I have been refused?

    Depending on the reason for refusal there may be several ways you can tackle the refusal, our Immigration lawyers can go through this with you and lay out options on what can be done to help you settle in the UK.

    What if there has been a delay in decision making from the Home Office?

    If you believe there is a prolonged amount of wait for Home Office to make a decision on your application there are several things you may be able to do, please see here for more information.

    How can we assist?

    If you are unable to make an application for the EU Settlement Scheme or you are unsure if you qualify, City Legal can offer you full assistance through face-to-face consultation, evaluation of supporting documents, and full representation in the submission of your application. We can also provide expert advice to those individuals who meet the criteria but have been subject to criminal convictions or unable to prove their continuous residence for the grant of EUSS. We are a multi-award-winning law firm and pride ourselves in being approachable, innovative, and always going that extra mile to make sure our clients receive the individual attention they deserve. Our Immigration team maintains a high reputation and is committed to providing clear, transparent and reliable advice to our clients.

    How can I get more information and help with applying for a Visa?

    If you have any questions or problems, you should contact the Home Office EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre: 0300 123 7379. For expert advice and assistance on applying for EU settlement scheme or any other route, you may contact us at enquiries@citylegalservices.co.uk or call us to book a consultation on 020 8175 4000.

    Disclaimer: No material or information provided on this website should be construed as legal advice. Readers should always seek appropriate professional advice to resolve their Legal Matters.
    About the Author

      Annamaria Zeka

    Anna joined the firm in 2019, works as an Immigration Associate being regulated by the OISC at Level 1 and assist clients on all aspects of personal & business immigration to the UK.

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram