Genuine Entrepreneur Interview
If you are applying for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, you may be invited to attend a genuine entrepreneur interview with the Home Office as part of the application process. Our Genuine Entrepreneur Interview Preparation sessions are designed to help Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa applicants familiarise themselves with the interview process and increase their prospects of success.
What is the Genuine Entrepreneur Test [GET]?
If you are making an initial Tier 1 Entrepreneur application, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you genuinely intend and are able to establish, take over or become a director of one or more businesses in the UK within six months. You will also need to demonstrate that you genuinely intend to invest your funds into one or more UK businesses.
If you are applying for an extension of stay or settlement as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you have established, taken over or become a director of a genuine business in the UK and have genuinely operated that business. You will also need to demonstrate that you have genuinely invested your money into a genuine business in the UK and genuinely intend to continue operating a business in the UK.
If you are well prepared for your interview then it is more likely that you will be able to persuade the Home Office that your application is credible and that you satisfy the genuine entrepreneur requirements of the Immigration Rules.
How our Genuine Entrepreneur Interview Preparation sessions can help
Our Genuine Entrepreneur Interview Preparation sessions are designed to provide Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa applicants with an opportunity to practice responses to a range of interview questions in accordance with UK Visas and Immigration’s assessment criteria and to receive constructive feedback in order to prepare for a successful interview.
Our Genuine Entrepreneur Interview Preparation sessions include:
- One-to-one interview practice – you will be questioned by an immigration lawyer and about your business plan, work and business experience and qualifications in relation to your chosen business sector;
- Assessment as to whether the information provided by you matches the information that is set out in your business plan and any relevant documentary evidence;
- Constructive feedback on all aspects of your performance in the interview such as your general interview technique and the strength of your answers for specific questions;
- Advice and tips on further preparation and how to improve on any weak areas;
- Time for you to ask additional questions and/or address any other concerns that you have about the interview.
If you have been invited for an interview and require assistance in preparing for the same, please call one of our experienced Immigration lawyers on 0330 058 3929.