UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) is set to launch a new visa application system within the UK. The new system will include an Online Application and further process at new Visa and Citizenship Application Service Centres operated by outsourcing firm Sopra Steria.
The Key dates are as follows.
- 2nd November: UKVI partner Sopra Steria will have their appointment booking tool live;
- 9th November: The new UK VCAS centres will start to open around the country and all locations will be open by 30th November.
- During the period of 5th November – 29th November, the majority of customers can choose whether to enrol their biometrics and submit their documents via these new centres or use the existing processes via Premium Service Centres.
- 29th November: Premium Service Centres will close
- January 2019: Service and Support Centres will open, for use by a small number of customers who
require more support with their application. These customers will continue to use the current process
until January; we will issue more information on this process shortly.
The current process for UK visa and citizenship applications, including submitting biometrics, will remain in place until 29 November; so from 05 November – 29 November, customers have the choice of using the existing process, or the new process. The The full published guidance and location of the new centers can be downloaded here. Sopra Steria information sheet can be accessed here.