Latest News From Gov.UK
- NHS frontline workers visas extended so they can focus on fighting coronavirusby HM Government on March 31, 2020 at 12:44 PM
Doctors, nurses and paramedics with visas due to expire before 1 October 2020 will have them automatically extended for one year.
- COVID-19 IMPACT: UK Visa Application Centre in Accra Closureby HM Government on March 26, 2020 at 2:22 PM
Due to the international effort to reduce the spread of coronavirus, the UK Visa Application Centre in Accra will be closed to the public effective immediately.
- Visas extended for those currently unable to return home due to COVID-19by HM Government on March 24, 2020 at 6:00 PM
Leave extended to 31 May for individuals who are currently unable to return home at the end of their visa.
- Landmark Immigration Bill to end free movement introduced to Parliamentby HM Government on March 5, 2020 at 12:15 AM
The bill will end free movement and give the government full control of UK borders for the first time in four decades.
- New Director General appointed to HMPO and UKVIby HM Government on February 27, 2020 at 5:11 PM
Abi Tierney has been appointed as the new Director General of Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO) and UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
- Home Secretary announces new UK points-based immigration systemby HM Government on February 18, 2020 at 10:30 PM
New points-based immigration system will open up the UK to the brightest and the best from around the world.
- Windrush Compensation Scheme extended by 2 yearsby HM Government on February 6, 2020 at 4:20 PM
Changes are being made to the Windrush Compensation Scheme to make it more flexible and to keep it open for longer.
- More than 3 million applications to the EU Settlement Schemeby HM Government on February 6, 2020 at 10:30 AM
The milestone was reached less than a year after the scheme was fully launched to the public, with more than 2.7 million already granted status.
- Boost for UK science with unlimited visa offer to world's brightest and bestby HM Government on January 27, 2020 at 12:15 AM
Top scientists to be given fast-tracked entry into the UK.
- Global Britain to attract more top scientists with fast tracked entryby HM Government on December 23, 2019 at 10:21 AM
More top scientists and researchers are to be given fast tracked entry to the UK.
Latest UKVI Document Updates
- Detailed guide: EU Settlement Scheme: apply for an administrative reviewby HM Government on April 7, 2020 at 3:49 PM
How to apply for an administrative review under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Guidance: Register of licensed sponsors: workersby HM Government on April 7, 2020 at 10:45 AM
List of organisations licensed to sponsor workers under Tiers 2 and 5.
- Guidance: Register of licensed sponsors: studentsby HM Government on April 7, 2020 at 10:45 AM
List of institutions licensed to sponsor migrant students under Tier 4.
- Detailed guide: Windrush schemeby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:15 PM
Information for Commonwealth citizens and other nationalities who have been lawfully resident in the UK for a long time but who do not have documents to demonstrate their status.
- Guidance: EU Settlement Scheme caseworker guidanceby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 4:01 PM
Guidance for caseworkers considering applications under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Detailed guide: Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residentsby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 1:57 PM
This is advice for visa customers and applicants in the UK, visa customers outside of the UK and British nationals overseas who need to apply for a passport affected by travel restrictions associated with coronavirus.
- Guidance: Civil penalty scheme for illegal working: code of practice, 2014by HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:55 AM
How the Home Office decides an employer's illegal-working fine (or civil penalty) for giving a job to an illegal worker.
- Guidance: Poster for 3-step right to work checkby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:51 AM
A 3-step guide to checking and keeping a record of your employees' documents.
- Guidance: Right to work checklistby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:50 AM
A list for employers to check if their staff have the right to work in the UK.
- Guidance: Right to work checks: an employer's guideby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:50 AM
How to carry out right to work checks, why you need to do them, and which documents you can use.