About Us
Firm History & Expertise
City Legal is a multi award winning law firm specialising in UK Immigration Law, Wills & Estate Planning, Global Citizenship as well as providing Business, Education and HR Consultancy to both individual and corporate clients around the world.
Our Team
Meet the experts behind our success.
Accreditations & Awards
Check our credibility and reliability.
Reviews & Testimonials
View our client feedback from all sources.
Join our multi award-winning team.
Knowledge Hub
Quick and Easy access for relevant sources.
See informative videos on legal areas we cover.
See visual presentation of key information.
Digital information on different practice areas.
View engaging online events & presentations.
Get more Insights on our firm and services.
Learn more on recent events and latest updates.
Listen to our audio version of blog anywhere.
Success Stories
Get a more understanding of our past experience.
View All
HGV Food Drivers: Eligibility & Conditions
Temporary Visa Scheme for HGV Drivers & Poultry Workers
Immigration Rule Changes September 2021
Right to work checks changes from 01 September 2021
EU Settlement Scheme Deadline Fast Approaching.
Contact Us
Call Us
Speak with our award-winning team on 0330 058 3929 to learn more. Available Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Request a Call Back
Choose a convenient time and we will get in touch to discuss your enquiry. Available Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Chat with Us
Our expert legal team is available to answer your questions. Available Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Email Us
Please send us an email to enquiries@citylegalservices.co.uk and we will be in touch to discuss your legal matter.
22 Peterborough Road, Harrow, London, HA1 2BQ
Client Area
Client Portal
City Legal offer clients a dedicated portal to view and manage their transactions, accept estimates, pay invoices and get client account statements.
Manage Appointments
Already booked a Consultation? Log-in to your Appointment Dashboard and change or manage your bookings to suit your availability.
Document Management
Our clients can securely view, share and comment on documents online at any time via our dedicated document management portal linked to your matter.
Pay Legal Fees
We offer an online payment facility to our clients for the payment of Legal Fees or Client Invoices online by credit or debit card at no additional cost.
Book an Appointment
Personal Immigration

EUSS Family Permit & Residence Card

Make a FREE Enquiry
EUSS Family Permit

The United Kingdom left the European Union on 31 January 2020 at 11 PM and entered a transition period, due to end on 31 December 2020. During this transition period, EU nationals can continue to enjoy their freedom of movement rights in the UK as they did before Brexit. The rights and status of EU, EEA and Swiss citizens living in the UK will remain the same until 30 June 2021. EU citizens and their family members who wish to remain in the UK after 30 June 2021 will need to apply for an immigration status to remain lawfully in the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).

The EUSS family permit facilitates entry into the UK of an eligible non-EEA citizen family member to join or accompany an EEA or Swiss national residing in the UK who has been granted Pre-settled or Settled Status under the EUSS.

EUSS Family Permit requirements

In order to apply for EUSS family permit, the applicant and sponsor must satisfy the below requirements.

  • Applicant is a non EEA citizen
  • Applicant is a direct family member of a relevant EEA citizen
  • Must intend to join or travel with the EEA or Swiss National to the UK within 6 months of the date of application
  • EEA Citizen/Sponsor must be holding a Pre-Settled or Settled Status

To meet the above requirement, all the visa-nationals who wish to join their EU, EEA or Swiss National family members must evidence their relationship to their Sponsor and their travel plans to the UK. The nature of this application is more flexible than previous routes. Although there are limits on who qualifies, there are no requirements to show Knowledge of the English Language or satisfy any minimum income requirement.

How can we assist?

Our Immigration lawyers at City Legal have immense experience in assisting clients with EUSS family permit applications. Our Immigration team carefully assess each of our client’s circumstances to ensure that the eligibility requirements are met. We are a multi award winning law firm and pride ourselves in being approachable, innovative and always going that extra mile to make sure our clients receive the individual attention they deserve. Our Immigration team maintains a high reputation and is committed to provide clear, transparent and reliable advice to our clients.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is it possible to apply under the EUSS scheme to join my brother in the UK?

In order to apply for EUSS family permit, the sponsor must be a direct family member like spouse, civil partner, child/grandchild and dependant parents/grandparents (of the EU National or their spouses). Any other family member will be considered an extended family member and might qualify for EEA Family Permit.

Do I need to return back home at the expiry of my EUSS Family Permit?

The applicant may apply for Pre-settled status before the expiry of their EUSS family permit and remain in the UK for 5 years and then apply for settled status.

Can I apply for EUSS family permit, if my spouse is an EU national and a British Citizen?

The applicant may be eligible to apply for EUSS Family Permit if theirEEA Sponsor resides in the UK and has naturalized. However, this is only possible in particular circumstances. It is advised to seek immigration advice before making an application.

Do I need to provide evidence of dependancy if I apply for my parents?

The dependency on the relevant EEA citizen (where the relevant EEA citizen is 18 years old or older) or on the spouse or civil partner is assumed, and the applicant is not required to provide evidence of this.

What is an EUSS Travel permit?

The EUSS travel permit provides those non-EEA citizens who hold valid leave under the EUSS, and who have lost their biometric residence card whilst outside the UK, with an entry clearance which, together with a valid passport, will allow them to travel to the UK. Once in the UK, they can apply for a replacement biometric residence card.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram