About Us
Firm History & Expertise
City Legal is a multi award winning law firm specialising in UK Immigration Law, Wills & Estate Planning, Global Citizenship as well as providing Business, Education and HR Consultancy to both individual and corporate clients around the world.
Our Team
Meet the experts behind our success.
Accreditations & Awards
Check our credibility and reliability.
Reviews & Testimonials
View our client feedback from all sources.
Join our multi award-winning team.
Knowledge Hub
Quick and Easy access for relevant sources.
See informative videos on legal areas we cover.
See visual presentation of key information.
Digital information on different practice areas.
View engaging online events & presentations.
Get more Insights on our firm and services.
Learn more on recent events and latest updates.
Listen to our audio version of blog anywhere.
Success Stories
Get a more understanding of our past experience.
View All
Contact Us
Call Us
Speak with our award-winning team on 0330 058 3929 to learn more. Available Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Request a Call Back
Choose a convenient time and we will get in touch to discuss your enquiry. Available Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Chat with Us
Our expert legal team is available to answer your questions. Available Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Email Us
Please send us an email to enquiries@citylegalservices.co.uk and we will be in touch to discuss your legal matter.
22 Peterborough Road, Harrow, London, HA1 2BQ
Client Area
Client Portal
City Legal offer clients a dedicated portal to view and manage their transactions, accept estimates, pay invoices and get client account statements.
Manage Appointments
Already booked a Consultation? Log-in to your Appointment Dashboard and change or manage your bookings to suit your availability.
Document Management
Our clients can securely view, share and comment on documents online at any time via our dedicated document management portal linked to your matter.
Pay Legal Fees
We offer an online payment facility to our clients for the payment of Legal Fees or Client Invoices online by credit or debit card at no additional cost.
Book an Appointment
Personal Immigration

Graduate Post Study Visa

Make a FREE Enquiry
Graduate Post Study Visa

The UK Government as part of its commitment to attract the brightest and the best students to the UK has set out a new route to promote this and remain competitive internationally. The graduate immigration route will be open to international students entering the UK in the 2020-21 academic year when they complete an undergraduate degree or above at an institution with a good track record of compliance with the Home Office.The successful applicants will be allowed to remain in the UK and work up to 2 years and will be able to switch into a skilled work visa route if they find a suitable job.

Graduate Immigration Eligibility Requirements

The Home Office is yet to publish detailed rules and requirements for this category. On the basis of information available now, the students would need to make a new application to switch into this route, pay a further application fee (yet to be determined) and pay Immigration Health Surcharge.

The standard requirement would be for the students to complete their degree level or above at a qualifying institution by summer of 2021.The qualifying institution is one with the status ‘Tier 4 Sponsor – Track record’ in the register of licenced sponsors publicly available. It is highly advisable that students check this status before obtaining admission to the institutions, if they want to take advantage of the scheme. The application process will be light touch as confirmed by the Home Office, and applicants will be subject to criminality, identity and security checks.

The period during which the applicants can stay in the UK under this route will not be counted for settlement, but applicants will be permitted to switch to the skilled work visa category under which they can obtain settlement. The applicants will not need any sponsor to apply for the Graduate Immigration Route.

How can we assist?

Our Immigration lawyers at City Legal have immense experience in assisting international students from across the globe in continuing to remain in the UK further to the completion of their studies. We have successfully assisted many individuals in switching to Tier 5 GAE Internship visas, Tier 2 General Skilled worker visas and to Business & Entrepreneur visas in the past. We are a multi award winning law firm and pride ourselves in being approachable, innovative and always going that extra mile to make sure our clients receive the individual attention they deserve. Our Immigration team maintains a high reputation and is committed to provide clear, transparent and reliable advice to our clients.

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram