We are happy to inform that from 01st September 2018, we have started providing Legal Aid Services to all our clients at our firm. Legal aid is generally available for very limited immigration and asylum cases. The following matters may qualify for some advice, assistance and/or representation:
- Detention & Bail cases;
- Applications for Leave to Remain under the domestic violence rule;
- Applications for leave by those identified as victims of trafficking;
- Proceedings before the Special Immigration Appeals Commission. This includes deportation and deprivation of citizenship cases where information is to be kept confidential for reasons of national security;
- Many asylum cases & appeals;
- Applications for Leave to Remain or settlement as a refugee with humanitarian protection/discretionary leave under Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights, ie: freedom from torture or inhuman and degrading treatment;
- Some Judicial Review Applications, in limited circumstances.
Legal fees for eligible clients will be paid by the Legal Aid Agency. You can check whether legal aid is available for your type of case online, by calling Civil Legal Advice (0345 345 4 345), or by contacting us. City Legal can assist you in establishing whether you qualify for legal aid. Even if you are not eligible for Legal Aid, our specialist immigration lawyers can advise, assist and represent you at very competitive rates.
Please visit https://citylegalservices.co.uk/legal-aid/ for more details or to make a referral. Alternatively you may call us on 0330 058 3929 (Option 3) or email us: [email protected]