We have compiled a list of references that you may find useful with regards to immigration law in the UK. If you have any questions that can’t be answered using these resources, then please feel free to get in touch with one of our immigration lawyers on 0330 058 3929.
UK Immigration Rules:
Check whether you need a UK visa:
Check visa processing times:
Borders & Immigration information:
Work visa information:
Case law information:
The European Court of Human Rights website:
European case law information:
Latest UKVI Document Updates
- Detailed guide: EU Settlement Scheme: apply for an administrative reviewby HM Government on April 7, 2020 at 3:49 PM
How to apply for an administrative review under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Guidance: Register of licensed sponsors: workersby HM Government on April 7, 2020 at 10:45 AM
List of organisations licensed to sponsor workers under Tiers 2 and 5.
- Guidance: Register of licensed sponsors: studentsby HM Government on April 7, 2020 at 10:45 AM
List of institutions licensed to sponsor migrant students under Tier 4.
- Detailed guide: Windrush schemeby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:15 PM
Information for Commonwealth citizens and other nationalities who have been lawfully resident in the UK for a long time but who do not have documents to demonstrate their status.
- Guidance: EU Settlement Scheme caseworker guidanceby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 4:01 PM
Guidance for caseworkers considering applications under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Detailed guide: Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residentsby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 1:57 PM
This is advice for visa customers and applicants in the UK, visa customers outside of the UK and British nationals overseas who need to apply for a passport affected by travel restrictions associated with coronavirus.
- Guidance: Civil penalty scheme for illegal working: code of practice, 2014by HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:55 AM
How the Home Office decides an employer's illegal-working fine (or civil penalty) for giving a job to an illegal worker.
- Guidance: Poster for 3-step right to work checkby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:51 AM
A 3-step guide to checking and keeping a record of your employees' documents.
- Guidance: Right to work checklistby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:50 AM
A list for employers to check if their staff have the right to work in the UK.
- Guidance: Right to work checks: an employer's guideby HM Government on April 6, 2020 at 11:50 AM
How to carry out right to work checks, why you need to do them, and which documents you can use.