Tier 1 Investor
If you are a wealthy individual and wish to live in the UK, you should consider the Tier 1 (Investor) visa. In order to qualify, you must score 75 points under the Tier 1 points-based system. You will score 75 points for one of the following:
- If you have at least £1,000,000 of disposable funds that you can invest in the UK or
- If you have £2,000,000 or more in personal assets and a loan of over £1,000,000 which you can invest in the UK.
The Tier 1 Investor Visa is an excellent opportunity to individuals for relocate in the UK. This visa permits you to access work opportunities without limit, enjoy peace of mind with free state education and healthcare, and travel for up to six months in every year.
In this esteemed visa category, there are minimal requirements. You will not need to pass an English language test, you will not have to show proof of education and there are no age restrictions.
UK Settlement Opportunities
- Under accelerated routes, your ILR can be acquired in two or three years provided all requirements are met
- Provided you meet set criteria, an Extension Visa for two further years follows the qualifications for resident status
- After a total of five years, Investor Visa holders may apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). This status allows for permanent residency in the UK.
For settlement applications made from 11 January 2018, the Home Office will consider absences from the UK on a rolling basis, rather than in separate consecutive 12-month periods. If your qualifying period includes time before this date and you believe that this change would cause you exceptionally harsh consequences, you must set out the reasons.
If you are not able to satisfy the residency requirement for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 1 Investor then you can keep extending your stay indefinitely.
How can we assist?
City Legal Services is a multi-award winning Immigration Law firm closely working with Entrepreneurs and Investors globally. Our Immigration lawyers were awarded the Best Personal Immigration Firm by Acquisitions International in 2016 & Immigration Law firm of the year 2017 by Global Law Experts. We are also a proud member of Enterprise nation and works closely with wealth managers, leading banks, Investment management and real estate companies to prepare and submit high quality visa applications for investors and their families.
We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to investors as part of a professional and friendly service.
For expert advise on UK Investor route, please call one of our experienced Immigration lawyers on 0330 058 3929.